- NAC SAP is expected to reduce severity of symptoms of influenza, HIV, and avian flu.
- NAC SAP can be used to support glutathione synthesis, thereby increasing the body’s total antioxidant capacity.
- NAC SAP has mucolytic properties, can reduce the viscosity of lung secretions, and can be used to reduce symptoms in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- NAC SAP has a protective capacity for the liver and is used to treat acute acetaminophen poisoning. · NAC SAP can be used to treat diabetic neuropathy and encephalopathy through its ability to reduce oxidative stress and apoptosis.
- NAC SAP can be used to treat symptoms associated with osteoarthritis, as it has the ability to reduce inflammation in synovial fluids.
- NAC SAP may reduce the smooth muscle–cell proliferation that occurs after venous graft surgery, therefore preventing vessel stenosis.
- NAC SAP can be used to treat diseases associated with fibrosis, as it reduces oxidative stress, a major factor in conditions such as Dupuytren’s disease.